Prometheus Certified Associate (PCA) is a new certification exam on the Linux Foundation website.
So what is this certification about, and what does the course entail?
I have also shared the latest CKAD discount code for 2023 using the latest Linux Foundation coupon.
In this post, we have shared everything that you need to know about the Prometheus Certification Associate exam.
What is Prometheus?
Prometheus is an open-source technology that is designed to monitor and provide alert functionality for cloud-native systems such as Kubernetes.
Prometheus seamlessly collects metrics such as time-series data, and timestamps.
What is Prometheus Certification Associate (PCA) Exam?
The PCA exam is a certification exam that is designed for engineers and developers who want to upgrade their foundational knowledge of using the Prometheus monitoring system.
The certification exam provides in-depth knowledge of using Prometheus for effective monitoring.
The course covers various topics, including the architecture of Prometheus, writing, querying, and alerting rules, and the best practices for monitoring.
After the completion of this course, the candidate is considered perfect for using the Prometheus monitoring and alerting functionalities. The certified experts can swiftly detect the bottlenecks and rectify any errors during the application creation.
Signup for PCA course at a discount of 25% using the Linux Foundation coupon code on the checkout page.
PCA Exam Information
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Passing Score: 75% or higher
- Validity: 3 Years
- Course Price: $250
- Retakes: One
- Result: Emailed within 24 hours of passing.
Weightage Of Exam
Instrumentation and Exporters-16%
- Client Libraries
- Structuring and naming metrics.
- Tracing and Spans
- Push vs Pull
- Service Discovery
- Understand logs and events
- Basics of SLOs, SLAs, and SLIs
- System Architecture
- Exposition Format
- Data Model and Labels
- Configuration and Scraping
- Understanding Prometheus Limitations
Alerting & Dashboarding-18%
- Dashboarding basics
- Configuring Alerting rules
- Understand and Use Alertmanager
- Alerting basics (when, what, and why)
- Selecting Data
- Binary operators
- Timestamp Metrics
- Rates and Derivatives
- Aggregating over time
- Aggregating over dimensions
How to Register for the Prometheus Certified Associate Course Exam?
To register for the Prometheus Certified Associate exam all you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
Step 1: Click on the link for registering and proceed to the Linux Foundation homepage.
Step 2: After you’ve checked all the details, click on the ‘Enroll Today’ button and you can register a free account here.
Step 3: After signing up, you will be redirected to the checkout page. Enter the promo code WPWRITEZ20 in the box and proceed.
Step 4: Click on ‘Enter Payment Information’ and proceed to checkout. Check the terms & conditions box and proceed.
Upon clicking ‘Place Your Order’, your purchase will be completed.
PCA Certification Exam Checklist
Before proceeding to register for the exam, we recommend you check out the handbook for the exam.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the certification exam:
- Passing marks for the exam is 75%.
- Make sure to have a webcam and microphone in place.
- You should have a stable internet connection.
- The exam is conducted using the PSI Secure Browser.
- You should have a government ID or Passport to register further.
- The exam is online proctored. You will be supervised through the webcam.
- You can appear with one retake if you fail to clear on the first attempt.
- You can download the secured browser upon clicking “Launch exam” from the PSI dashboard. Or you can download it during the proctor system check.
- Candidates should run a trial of using the PSI browser and make sure the machine meets all the technical requirements.
I have also curated a list of the best Linux certifications for 2023 that you need to know.
Who should take the Prometheus Certificate Associate Course?
The PCA exam is perfect for the engineers and developers responsible for designing, developing, and operating Prometheus-based monitoring systems.
You may think Is Linux Foundation Training Worth It? The training is best suited for individuals who are skilled in Kubernetes, and have a deep understanding of Prometheus.
Also, the Linux Foundation Women’s Day offer is something you need to check out.
This is all you should know about the Prometheus Certified Associate exam. Make sure to apply the site-wide discount that we have shared and prepare well for the certification exam.
Most PCA exams are for beginners. So, make sure to study in detail and check some sample questions related to the exams.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difficulty level for the Prometheus Certified Associate Exam?
The Prometheus Certified Associate exam is moderately easy and offers an MCQ choice, which makes it easier.
How long will PCA certification be valid?
PCA certification is valid for 1 year.
What’s the maximum discount you will get for the PCA exam coupon?
By using the coupon DCUBEOFFER, you can save as much as 20% on this certification.